[Chugalug] late bloomer

James Nylen jnylen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 09:25:54 UTC 2013

At the end of the day it's mostly about $,$$$ (x 10^n).  The extent to
which our political system has been corrupted by money is sad.

To bring it back on topic a little bit, here's an interesting HTML5 website
that uses d3.js to display some data about this:
http://letsfreecongress.org/ (best viewed in a modern browser with
Javascript enabled).

If you liked that site, I really think the Anti-Corruption Act they mention
would help.  More info:  TED talk by Lawrence Lessig (
http://www.ted.com/talks/lawrence_lessig_we_the_people_and_the_republic_we_must_reclaim.html),
http://anticorruptionact.org/, http://represent.us/

Aaron, I try not to consume the "sh!t" you speak of - it's in our food, our
news, and so many other places.  I try very hard to stay informed, but it's
difficult.