[Chugalug] birth

Ed King chevyiinova at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 3 23:29:14 UTC 2013

I wasn't wondering if the serial could be changed after the system had been booted.   indeed, that would be useless

I was wondering if it could be changed at boot time, because I noticed that the serial was being passed as a kernel parameter

Not that I WANT to change it, I was just curious if it COULD be changed.   Not trying to screw them out of mpg2 license revenue, I'm just curious

hmmm, apparently it can be changed...   but merely asking how it can be changed, out of pure intellectual curiousity, gets you on the "nefarious-intentions" shitlist ;-)

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=28304