[Chugalug] birth

Ed King chevyiinova at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 3 08:59:19 UTC 2013

If the cpu serial number is determined by the kernel command line parameter (wild ass assumption) then it would seem to me that a dishonest person with 1,000 r-pi units could purchase only one license and then use it on all 1,000 units by setting the kernel parameter to the same serial number.  Not that I condone such behavior, but the hacker/cracker in me just wonders if that is possible.