[Chugalug] The Cats did it ...

Mike Robinson miker at sundialservices.com
Fri Aug 2 23:22:03 UTC 2013

Now this surprised me ... an ordinary nearby office supply store had a 1-Terabyte laptop-sized SATA drive ... a perfect fit in the enclosure ... for about $75.  Twenty minutes with a Phillips screwdriver was all it took to remove the "boat anchor" and replace it with a drive that is twice as big.

When I consider how much I paid for the original unit a few years ago in Cupertino (yep, at "1 Infinite Loop," where I happened to have a gig at the time), I cringe.