[Chugalug] Disks without power?

Phil Sieg phil.sieg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 03:53:27 UTC 2013

Alex,

The thin clients I used had power in the IDE connector... I cant remember which PIN...

Seldom did I have to use the 3 pin floppy power connector for power. Fairly certain that the IDE bus has power (3.5 40 pin if memory serves), however the only CF to IDE adapters that utilize it have a surface mount transistor visible on the pcb of the adapter. I had to figure this part out through trial and error. All of my adapters without the transistor required external power.

YMMV

Phil Sieg
President
SeniorTech LLC / snapfōn®
www.snapfon.com
phil.sieg at seniortechllc.com

Phone: 423.535.9968
Fax: 423.265.9820
Mobile: 423.331.0725

"The computer is the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with. It's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."

Steve Jobs, 1955-2011