[Chugalug] Disks without power?

Alex Smith (K4RNT) shadowhunter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 03:00:10 UTC 2013

I'm trying to convert some Wyse WinTerm J400 thin clients to firewalls,
using pfSense, and have a problem.

The system is a low-power device, and doesn't have any internal disk power
connectors. The device I had planned on using is a CompactFlash to IDE
adapter and an 8GB CompactFlash card. However, it requires a power
connector.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I could use for a memory card
that does not require additional power?

Please let me know - I was inspired by Phil Sieg's thin client firewall
conversions I got while I was in Chattanooga.

Thanks in advance!

episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith (K4RNT)