[Chugalug] Modern technologies for inbound traffic through NAT boxes?

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Tue Apr 23 16:28:37 UTC 2013

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 20:15:09 -0400
Dave Brockman <dave at brockmans.com> wrote:
> 1)IPv6 (It's usually tunneled and slow, but sometimes works)

Hmmm... hadn't thought about plug in a device on an IPv4 NATted
network, it creates an IPv6 tunnel out, external accesses can happen
via ... well, nobody's cell phone is on an IPv6 network yet, but
sometime in the future!

> 4)UPnP - Nasty, nasty business IMHO....**

Thanks, that got me Googling for things that'd at least let me send an
email full of "there's this option, but..."

Dan