[Chugalug] A comment on the Bitcoin .. fraud

Rod-Lists rod-lists at epbfi.com
Wed Apr 17 18:41:36 UTC 2013

''Which brings us to bitcoin. It is a digital currency, which a certain variety of techno-utopian futurist crowd views as a form of money unencumbered by the shackles of privacy-reducing international anti-money laundering laws and inflation-tolerant central banks. Its value has been extraordinarily volatile over the last several weeks, rising from $20 a couple of months back, to over $250, to around $60 on Friday, with a couple of trading halts in between.

Bitcoin really is a tiny market in the scheme of things, and its recent gyrations mean that the dollar, euro and yen have nothing to fear from the competition. If a currency can lose 75 percent of its buying power in two days, it may not be the best store of value. "
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/12/bitcoin-is-ludicrous-but-it-tells-us-something-important-about-the-nature-of-money/

And if we all clap our hands and believe, Tinkerbell will get better.

Here is the the problem all systems get hacked, including financial systems.
Remember the Hunt Brothers and their effort to corner the silver market.
Or the Contango game to manipulate oil futures by parking full tankers off shore till the price rises.
http://exiledonline.com/koch-industries-lackeys-admit-to-manipulating-oil-prices-and-gloat-about-it-too/

When it is the banking system, the Futures market, the stock market, etc, we have a host of alphabet soup agencies to deal with that. Who defends the bitcoin system from attack & manipulation who puts their faith and credit on the line to back it?