[Chugalug] OT: Favorite Enterprise Firewalls?

Bret McHone dbmchone at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 15:16:56 UTC 2013

I honestly haven't even looked to see if Brocade has a firewall.

As far as the switches go...
We have a couple Brocade MLX chassis and four ICX 6610s. They are actually
pretty good equipment and the look and feel of the Brocade command line is
VERY much like the Cisco NX-OS. We had one MLX that had some really funky
& intermittent issues and Brocade ended up shipping us out FULL replacement
of the entire unit. Chassis, power supplies, high speed fabric modules, and
all line cards. No issues since the replacement and our old unit was
shipped to their engineering so they could tear it apart to find the
problem. They also sent their local engineer to help me do the replacement
of the unit.

-Bret