[Chugalug] OT: Favorite Enterprise Firewalls?

Jason Brown lists at masterforge.com
Wed Apr 17 14:10:17 UTC 2013

I have to plug pfSense. ("Enterprise" is a bullshit buzzword to me).

I have never understood the 24/7 parts replacement / repair requirement
that IT departments insist on. It is MUCH easier to just have hot
redundant hardware than to continually pay for that kind of support.

No matter how good your support contract, hardware WILL fail, expect it
and make failover seamless. It saves me a lot of headache. 4 Hours is
way more downtime than I am comfortable with. 4 minutes is way too long
for me.  4 seconds I can deal with.

For those people that want it, pfSense also provides the 24/7 support at
a reasonable price. I have not used it personally.

--Jason