[Chugalug] OT: Favorite Enterprise Firewalls?

Dave Brockman dave at brockmans.com
Wed Apr 17 13:57:58 UTC 2013

On 4/17/2013 9:36 AM, Bret McHone wrote:
> We've been using a couple Cisco ASAs which are pretty old so I figure
> we'll end up replacing them with either a newer model of the same thing
> or perhaps go another route.
>
> I've heard good things about Sonicwall and Palo Alto firewalls, though I
> haven't had much experience with them..
>
> What's your opinions?

My bias aside, the fact that your ASA are the age they are should be a
testament itself.  I personally find the interface on a Sonicwall horrid
and bass-ackwards.  I have heard good things about Palo Alto, but they
are $$$$ very pricey, I have yet to actually put my hands on one.  If
you get one, let's schedule an afternoon before you deploy :)

--dtb