[Chugalug] OT: Favorite Enterprise Firewalls?

Bret McHone dbmchone at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 13:36:01 UTC 2013

We're migrating to a new internet pipe so we'll be making a log of changes.
I see this as a great opportunity to re-architect our firewall deployment
and was wondering what everyone's favorite enterprise grade firewall vendor
is?

When I say enterprise I mean the ability to have 24/7 4 hour
parts/maintenance and high level phone support. I personally prefer
companies with call centers based in the U.S. and not Inida, but I know
that's not always an option to get the vendor I want.

We've been using a couple Cisco ASAs which are pretty old so I figure we'll
end up replacing them with either a newer model of the same thing or
perhaps go another route.

I've heard good things about Sonicwall and Palo Alto firewalls, though I
haven't had much experience with them..

What's your opinions?

Thanks,
Bret