[Chugalug] A comment on the Bitcoin .. fraud

Randy Yates lpcustom at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 16:30:09 UTC 2013

By the way, I'm not claiming to be an expert in economics. It's not a
science, despite the claims. I've seen too many economics experts arguing
with other economics experts with totally opposite views. A chemist can't
turn mercury into gold by talking about it. A nobel prize winning economics
expert, however, can change a lot about the economy by simply making an
appearance on TV or writing an internet article.

Need a for instance on that. The recent Bitcoin bubble is a direct result
of news articles and such about dun da da dun Bitcoin.

I also don't view bitcoins as a viable currency, and if I were an economics
expert, I'd make a few media appearances stating that. People would lose
faith in bitcoins....they'd stop mining and buying/selling them. The price
would plummet. Then I could go buy a bunch. Then I'd get one of
my colleges to go on TV saying that they are a great investment. The price
would rise back up, and I'd be so rich I'd never have to read another
economics book or even look at a number if I didn't want to.

--
Google reads my email!