[Chugalug] Local Hosted VoIP providers?

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 17:30:57 UTC 2013

Thanks, Matt. Anyone have any experience with Signal Voice and Data (
http://www.signalvoiceanddata.com)?

They seem like a good local company, but I searched my Chugalug emails and
couldn't find any reference to them. Would love to hear if any of you guys
have good or bad experiences with them.

I've heard good things about Peace Communications from several people now,
but have found they are hard to track down (or at least aren't great at
returning emails). I called on Monday and was given an alternate email
address, but haven't heard back from 'em yet. I'll follow up via voice
later today or tomorrow.

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 6:48 AM, Matt Keys <mk6032 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Hey David,
>
> I work for eZuce now so I've gotta throw the sales pitch for our product.
> If you need enterprise class service/support, openUC is our thing. That
> being said, openUC has a open source variant, sipXecs, which I've used in
> local small businesses with great success. When paired with a good ITSP
> such as Bandwidth.com or voip.ms, it's a rock solid product with lots of
> advantages over asterisk based (B2BUA) boxes. Bandwidth also has their
> commodity cloud based VoIP service, phonebooth.com, which would be more
> in line with what you're looking for minus the locally hosted PBX.
>
> I would consider sipXecs 4.4 as the most stable. The website will list 4.6
> as stable, but it's a completely different architecture underneath as
> opposed to 4.4. When you have changes that drastic, there's going to be
> bugs that need working out. Keeping that in mind, 4.6 does bring some
> really nice improvements over 4.4 and will work equally well for that size
> of a deployment.
>
> You'll need a static IP for the ITSP to point to if you're going the
> locally hosted pbx route. I highly recommend Polycom phones. They're a
> little pricey, but well worth it. SPIP 335s are the perfect baseline
> models. If the business needs faxing, I would go with eFax or a separate
> analog line for that.
>
> For a local reference you should check with Phil Sieg. How's the project
> going btw Phil?
>
> Regards,
> Matt
>

> On 04/04/2013 11:55 AM, David White wrote:
>
>  Any of you know any VoIP providers (maybe local, not required) you'd
> recommend? I have a client that currently has 1 phone line, and they'd like
> to get additional phone lines with the ability to transfer calls, silence
> the phones temporarily so a call to a particular extension would go to VM,
> etc....
>
>  They also need something that isn't very high cost. They only need
> around 5 (no more than 10) phones, and I don't think it makes sense for
> them at all to get a local PBX, but I do think it would make sense to move
> to VoIP.
>
>  If you provide these services, or if you know of folks you'd recommend,
> please contact me.
>
>  --
>   David White
> Founder & CEO
>  *
> *
>  *CENTS *
>  Computing, Equipping, Networking, Training & Supporting
> Nonprofit Organizations Worldwide
> http://developCENTS.com <http://developcents.com/>
> 423-693-4234

David White