[Chugalug] Mac Pro Running Linux - Lacking some keys..

William Wade willm.wade at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 00:12:28 UTC 2013

http://task3.cc/881/configure-the-keyboard-for-your-macbook-and-ubuntu-12-04/and
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xmodmap
explains how to use .Xmodmap to do this sort of thing. I also dual boot,
but the battery life (even after fixing some of the issues with it like
turning off the hdmi) was still below what I needed. I thought there was an
easy way in Gnome to setup this stuff up, but I cannot recall what it is.
Xmodmap is the way to get stuff mapped out how you want it.

I think I also recall that fn + up or Ctrl + fn + up or something close to
that works for page up and down, but Xmodmap is the way to go for print
screen.

I am sure you have also found
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookProwhich is a nice resource,
but just in case you did not, here it is.