[Chugalug] Mac Pro Running Linux - Lacking some keys..

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 23:58:48 UTC 2013

Within Mac OS X - the "Print Screen" Button is replaced with Command +
Shift + 3 - it saves a screenshot to your desktop as a TIFF (although you
can change it to a PNG or JPG).

Command + Shift + 4 lets you select an area of the screen to save as an
image file (instead of the whole thing).

Fn + The Up arrow for Page Up

Fn + The Down Arrow for Page Down

Now, of course, this is all within Mac OS X.  I can't promise they will
work under your distros of Linux.

And when you say "Mac Pro" I assume you mean MacBook Pro, since you could
just plug in another keyboard to your desktop if you have a Mac Pro.  (Of
course, you can do that with a laptop as well, but it does limit its
portability.)

I will say I do not personally miss any of those keys.  I just wish they'd
get rid OF THE DARN CAPS LOCK.

*- Chad W. Smith*