[Chugalug] Local Hosted VoIP providers?

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Thu Apr 4 23:39:26 UTC 2013

> I'm open to doing an Asterisk install on a VM...

That takes some special tweaking. It's done/do-able but depending on what
and how you are handling calls, transcoding, etc.. can be "special"
when running in a VM. The "timing" of VM's can cause some issues.

I'd be very careful about hosting a phone system for a business,
if you think a website and email being down is a "business continuity
problem" and liability, a phone system malfunctioning is that x 10.
Find a good outsourced provider. cBeyond/Aretta in Atlanta. Peace Com
locally, or even Skype Business, Vonage, etc..