[Chugalug] (estimated) 4.3Gb of Data on punch cards

Mike Robinson miker at sundialservices.com
Thu Apr 4 16:21:20 UTC 2013

Bah!  Humbug!  A card-saw carrying proud charter member of the "Dropped A Box Club!"  That's why cards had sequence-numbers and you got to know the sorting-machine real good.  The boxes of "holes" made a great confetti for the office party.

I'm sure that whoever-it-is that's been renting that warehouse space to the guv'mint for the past fifty years is in no hurry to see any changes, 'tho.  :->

On Apr 4, 2013, at 11:12 AM, chugalug-request at chugalug.org wrote:

> Just dont drop them.
> Someone I know who dealt with punch cards stated that they would take a black marker and made a diagonal slash across the top just in case.

---------
Mike Robinson
Technical Director
Sundial Services International, LLC