[Chugalug] Generalized DDOS??

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 4 02:36:49 UTC 2013

Quoting Dave Brockman <dave at brockmans.com>:

> Just look at your firewall logs for all the "deny" entries, there's
> always tons of generalized badness.  (D)DoS attacks usually are only
> effective because they target specific entities, random packet
> spraying with no direction just looks like P2P traffic usually....
>
> But nothing reported on anything on my radar concerning FB being down,
> and just tested, no problems accessing or logging in with that account
> someone under my roof has :)

Yeah... I figured it was something strange on my system. I recently
upgraded to Fedora 18 (BAD MOVE! Even versions almost always suck!)
and I've had nothing but problems. :(

My email client won't even load (KMail - gives an Akonadi error) and
now Chrome is misbehaving... *sigh* I finally got into my email
provider by clearing the cache and cookies... Hate to do that, but
sometimes it's got to be done!