[Chugalug] 48 Hour Launch

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 15:44:18 UTC 2013

The event starts Friday night at 6:00pm at CoLab's office.

A little bit more information on what my team needs: Programmers
experienced with the Facebook, Twitter, Yelp and Meetup.com APIs as well as
other related sources. We'll then be working to categorize and analyze data
in our own system.

To not give away the beans, that's all I say in public (and a reminder: I'm
not the one in charge of this project. A friend asked me to help her with
her project, so I'm helping her recruit and plan for the weekend).

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 11:56 PM, rdflowers <base at chalice.us> wrote:

> I'm a programmer, although a rusty one. I'll show up starting Friday night
> and do whatever I can.
>

> ----- Message from dwrudy at gmail.com ---------
>     Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 22:37:51 -0400
>     From: David White <dwrudy at gmail.com>
>  Subject: [Chugalug] 48 Hour Launch
>       To: CHUGALUG <chugalug at chugalug.org>
>

>  Is anyone going to the 48-Hour Launch this weekend at Company Lab? Their
>> website got hacked, so they're directing everyone to their Facebook page &
>> Eventbrite page right now: https://www.facebook.com/**thecompanylab<https://www.facebook.com/thecompanylab>
>>
>> (I've already reached out to them about cleaning up their website, as the
>> URL was still pointed to the compromised site, which was just a blank page
>> saying "Hacked by" someone, but they're working on cleaning it up and
>> that's not the point of this email).
>>
>> They're always looking for programmers and web developers to help out with
>> the various projects. I have a friend heading up a project which I've
>> agreed to help out with, and she's looking for a number of more back-end
>> programmers.
>>
>> Her project is going to have some interesting requirements and will be
>> dealing with the aggregation of a (potentially) massive amount of data
>> from
>> various social media & other related sources.
>>
>> If you're good with databases, aggregating data, and turning lots of data
>> into useful data (data analysis), I think our team could use you! I've
>> already been working a little bit behind the scenes to conceptually think
>> about the database structure necessary for this project. I'm not much of a
>> programmer, but I do have a little database / programming experience.
>>
>> At any rate, there's also a number of other projects you could get
>> involved
>> with. There's a lot of people looking for web developers and and
>> programmers, so your talent probably wouldn't go to waste if you decided
>> come for part or the whole weekend.
>>
>> Drop by for a few hours on Saturday or stay for the whole time (starting
>> Friday night). Great opportunity to network and meet people.
>>
>> - David
>>
>> --
>> David White
>> Founder & CEO
>> *
>> *
>> *CENTS *
>>
>> Computing, Equipping, Networking, Training & Supporting
>> Nonprofit Organizations Worldwide
>> http://developCENTS.com <http://developcents.com/>
>> 423-693-4234
>>

> ----- End message from dwrudy at gmail.com -----