[Chugalug] Linux volunteer opportunity (Kiosk station)

Mike Robinson miker at sundialservices.com
Wed Apr 3 12:05:55 UTC 2013

The usual way to run a kiosk-station is to configure a user-name (often password-free, often always-logged-on by default) which runs the kiosk application directly as its "shell."  Thus, when that user logs-on, the kiosk is running; when the kiosk program ends for any reason, the user is now by definition logged-off.  Or, if you want a GUI, select a window-manager such as Matchbox which is designed for this purpose.

http://serverfault.com/questions/59329/im-looking-for-secure-linux-kiosk-software

http://users.telenet.be/mydotcom/howto/linuxkiosk/intro.htm

http://www.engineering.uwaterloo.ca/twiki/bin/view/Linux/LinuxKiosk

http://www.flatcoder.co.uk/how-to-build-a-secure-kiosk-operating-system/