[Chugalug] Chugalug Digest, Vol 9, Issue 2

Benjamin Stewart stewartbenjamin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 20:49:26 UTC 2013

I've used target disk mode with a PC. Anything that has an HFS+ filesystem
driver should work with it. They even make such a thing for Windoze, but be
very careful what you tell it to do with resource forks. Otherwise your
executables won't be executable, and other weirdness ensues.

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Jonathan Calloway <
jonathancalloway at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty certain you can only use another Mac to pull the data.
>
> Jonathan Calloway
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Apr 1, 2013, at 12:37 PM, Rod-Lists <rod-lists at epbfi.com> wrote:
>
> > I really don't want crack the case on this all in one. Nor pay someone
> to do so.
> >
> > Is this target mode available to other OS's?
> >
> > Once the data is removed I'll just reformat and use it as a server which
> fixes the video issues.
> > Fixing the video + what I paid for would buy a nice modern HP all in one.
> > So I'm not sure it is worth that. Besides I can't swing that 5C note
> right now anyway.
> >
> > ----- Mike Robinson <miker at sundialservices.com> wrote:

> and
> any
> >>

> >> Target-mode will indeed allow you to get data off the drive most
> quickly, but still crack open the case (or have someone else do it) to get
> the drive out and put it into an enclosure.  There's no reason to throw the
> baby out with the bathwater.  It's not the poor drive's fault, after all .
> . .  ;-)
> >>
> >> ---------
> >> Mike Robinson
> >> http://www.sundialservices.com