[Chugalug] Linux volunteer opportunity at the library

Nate Hill nathanielhill at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 17:21:41 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm aware that there are a bunch of options out there, and I've definitely
got a wee bit of Linux knowledge on staff here.  We could make this happen,
for sure.

What would be really cool is if someone from the community wanted to step
in and act as a steward for this initiative. It's a tough transition for
us, but I'm trying to at least partially let go of the reigns, ease back on
some of the top-down control, and make elements of the space, technology,
and programming over here something that is owned and driven by the
community.  This is harder to do across the whole library, but since The
4th Floor is our lab or 'beta-space' there is a greater degree of
flexibility to try such things.

I guess I'm just saying.... don't mistake my call for a volunteer to lead
this initiative as a lazy call for help, we are a pretty motivated group of
DIYers over here.  Just trying to engage more folks in the process, and
being real about the 9578578 projects we are trying to get running at once.

Btw, we are open today until 8:00 if anyone wants to come play with the
Makerbot and see what we are up to.

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Phil Shapiro <pshapiro at his.com> wrote:

> Nate,
>
> ITALC is a no-cost option for managing a Linux (or Windows) computer lab.
>
>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITALC
>
>                    phil

Nate Hill
nathanielhill at gmail.com