[Chugalug] Chugalug Digest, Vol 9, Issue 1

Mike Robinson miker at sundialservices.com
Mon Apr 1 12:07:09 UTC 2013

On Apr 1, 2013, at 7:00 AM, chugalug-request at chugalug.org wrote:

> Without a MAC? I got an all in one mac with a twitchy video that tends locks up.
> It got used as a back up now I have to get those 250 GB of files off.
> Since it is stable in CLI, it looks like running the machine with PING or clonezilla are the best bet.
> Anny other options? I really don't want to crack this all in one mac open.

May I suggest that you just get the unit repaired someplace?  Even if the video cannot be salvaged, the drive can be put into an external enclosure.  If you have another Mac at your disposal, just mount its drive.  (And if you don't, same deal.  Filesystem support for the usual Mac filesystem is easily found.)

Macs can be disassembled using a Torx wrench, but, to be quite honest, it might be cheaper and faster in the long run to pay someone to get the drive out who knows how to do it in a matter of minutes, having done it many times on-the-job.  External enclosures of the appropriate size are much < $100.

---------
Mike Robinson
http://www.sundialservices.com
miker at sundialservices.com