[Chugalug] OT: Verizon rant

wes wes at the-wes.com
Fri Sep 28 18:14:23 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 11:09 AM, John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Quoting Ed King <chevyiinova at bellsouth.net>:
>
>  Verizon resolved my month old support ticket today.    Blood pressure...
>> dropping rapidly...    feeling faint...
>>

>>  One of my colleagues is from Florida and he's got Verizon FIOS. They
> have a bug in their system where payments made don't get credited to their
> account properly, so he's showing as 2 months behind. They want a 4-digit
> security code that they are going to MAIL to his house, which he'll receive
> in 7-10 days. In the meantime they were threatening to cut off his phone
> and internet for non-payment yesterday. He tried for over an hour with a
> Verizon rep to get it resolved. I don't know if he EVER did.

I went through the 4 digit PIN thing recently. I learned that it's a recent
FCC regulation having to do with phone service. Comcast didn't require the
PIN until I got phone service with them. Frontier (FIOS provider out here)
doesn't require the PIN even though they are primarily a phone company but
I only have Internet service with them.

I imagine Verizon is a screwed-up enough company they might require the PIN
regardless.

-wes