[Chugalug] OT: Verizon rant

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 18:09:25 UTC 2012

Quoting Ed King <chevyiinova at bellsouth.net>:

> Verizon resolved my month old support ticket today.    Blood pressure...
> dropping rapidly...    feeling faint...

One of my colleagues is from Florida and he's got Verizon FIOS. They
have a bug in their system where payments made don't get credited to
their account properly, so he's showing as 2 months behind. They want
a 4-digit security code that they are going to MAIL to his house,
which he'll receive in 7-10 days. In the meantime they were
threatening to cut off his phone and internet for non-payment
yesterday. He tried for over an hour with a Verizon rep to get it
resolved. I don't know if he EVER did.