[Chugalug] $65 ZEEPAD 7" android 4.0 tablet is freakin great!

Phil Sieg phil.sieg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 03:06:33 UTC 2012

Nice break down Lynn. As to viability and lifecycle.. dunno but my gut says the next big dollar desk phones will be something similar to this concept.

I have a couple of aces in the hole... I have been manufacturing product in China for 12 years now, and have a full time employee in China. I can get the tablets for $45 or less as I always buy in quantity. The $50-70K is about par for the course on anything we do these days, and the actual build cost is likely under $10 once I make a 2000+ piece run.  I have several built in sales channels, and I wouldn't DREAM of actually doing this unless I had (or feel that I have) 1000+ units sold or imminently sold at $100+ profit per unit. This would only truly be worth doing if I saw the ability to sell 10,000+ units per year.

There are several good SIP clients out there that could be used, or even likely private labeled at a small cost. I have several CDMA Android phones lying around with SIP clients integrated into the Dialer and used as wifi phones at work and at home. They work great!

Just toying around with this since I think I will be launching a Telecom company of sorts in the near future.

All input is welcome and appreciated. (Don't get carried away Chad ;-))

Phil Sieg
President
SeniorTech LLC / Snapfon
www.snapfon.com