[Chugalug] $65 ZEEPAD 7" android 4.0 tablet is freakin great!

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 02:46:42 UTC 2012

Nothing wrong with that, but I just did a quick search and found this app
in the store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.talkyou.sipua
And
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.voipswitch.vippieandroid

50 - 70k is alot of sunk costs to enter a market that seems has hits
maturity, and possibly even in the decline stages of the business life
cycle with so many alternatives coming out (mobile devices being easily
used for free for voip and video conferencing). You also face some high
barriers to entry with the big guys already established market share
(Cisco, Avaya, and etc).
If you had 70K in sunk costs for molding, and the dock had fixed costs of
20 per unit (not even figuring in variable costs) your tablet costs was 65
per unit, and you sold them at $200 total, it would take roughly 650 units
just to reach break even. We didn't even figure in the variable costs, and
that's assuming you can secure $115 per unit revenue.

Without doing a full swot and market analysis, I just can't see enough
profit to risk going against the existing market.

Don't get me wrong, I am a dreamer too, and I see profit in alot of things.
But I am kinda risk averse unless I can see a good return in the short
term, especially when the market moves so fast and already has an
established base with large share holders.
If you could reduce those sunk costs by half or more, there's a lot profit
opportunity.