[Chugalug] $65 ZEEPAD 7" android 4.0 tablet is freakin great!

Phil Sieg phil.sieg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 01:30:10 UTC 2012

Ok so I bought a Zeepad 7.0 tablet with 512 ram, 1.5ghz Allwinner A10 chip, capacitive etc...

It is unbelievably good, especially for the price. This is the tablet that was in a linked article about the end of profitable hardware sales a few weeks ago. It is available everywhere in Southern China for $45-50. On Amoazon for $64.99, and ALL OVER eBay at every price.

Responsive, fast, trimmed down version of Android.... Wifi works but is a little slow (driver issue I think). Looking to root this thing and really play.

My interest is in designing a desk-dock with a telephone handset and USB connectors in back for a rj45 dongle etc... I think it could make a kick ass 7" color screen SIP phone with video conferencing ability and portability. Call it a desktop communicator....

Phil Sieg
President
SeniorTech LLC / Snapfon
www.snapfon.com