[Chugalug] Ethernet cable

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Thu Sep 27 23:32:32 UTC 2012

> And is Cat6 more reliable than Cat5?  I know I will never come close to
> maxing out the speed of Cat5, since I'm not in GigCity. - Chad W. Smith

On your home network, unless something is really broken you won't notice
any differences. What I typically spend an extra buck or two on is nicer
ends, there is are plugs that use 3 prongs that don't get loose from the
wire easily, and there are retainers that kinda help get not get snagged.
Not hoods, a design where the bendy tab part loops back.

Every once in a while, I find a high quality very flexible small-ish
ethernet cable with good ends that I stash in my laptop/travel bag...
And someone seems to always like it more than I do and borrows it.
Permanently.

But at $5.. Buy two.