[Chugalug] OT: Replacement for Postini protecting onsite Exchange

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 19:53:27 UTC 2012

Quoting Jason Brown <lists at masterforge.com>:

> I've been working on a project to do exactly that, pay per month / year
> incoming email spam filtering and virus scanning. There are already
> players in this market, but I have a lot of experience in it too.
>
> Depending on your time frame, interested in being customer #1?

I have to say SpamCop does a pretty good job for $30/year. You can
customize your block lists and white/black-lists as well as your
"comfort level" with spam. I currently have mine set to "2" so that
anything with a spam level 2+ gets held unless it's on the white list.
I have ONE with them that receives all my email from multiple email
accounts and filters it for me. They also have a configuration similar
to Postini for "commercial/commercial" accounts, however, pricing may
vary. I suspect there is a "volume discount" for X email accounts
where X is sufficiently larger than 1. Anyone interested in SpamCop
for business purposes can contact corp-support at cesmail.net.
The nice thing about SpamCop is that you get "free" spam reporting
included in the cost of the email service.