[Chugalug] OT: bitcoin speculation

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 22:24:58 UTC 2012

Well BFL pushed the release back to November. I have a pretty low order
number for one of their 40Ghash asic singles, so I am hoping to take
advantage of the low difficulty before it goes up.
And it will surely go up.... A lot. There is going to be a ton of hashing
power coming online with these units. As soon as the network adjusts gpu
mining will not be worth the power costs. If you are like me, I don't have
any power costs, and my gpu rig is paid for so I will keep mining it until
the gpus die.
There will be a flood of miners dumping their gpus as soon as the
difficulty stabilizes. So gamers will have a good chance to buy them up
even id they are worn slap out and running a crazy firmware.
Not sure if you know but BFL has said their new asic production lines are
capable of producing and shipping 500 singles per day. If you look at the
bit pay receipts that are close in value to a single (1300 usd) they
already have over 7000 singles pre ordered.
Its gonna be a good Christmas for gamers and a bad Christmas for gpu
miners.