[Chugalug] computer shop in East Ridge?

Matt Keys mk6032 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 13:37:51 UTC 2012

I had a customer contact me about attempting data recovery off of a Lacie
2-disk external RAID enclosure. The internal power supply of the unit has
failed. The customer had taken it to a shop in East Ridge to begin with, the
shop told him there was "nothing on the disks to recover" and that
"purchasing an identical Lacie enclosure and populating the bays with these
disks wouldn't work as the RAID algorithims are different between devices".
The customer felt he was being lied to and brought it to me (I didn't ask if
they charged him or not). As soon as I attached it to my linux box the data
was just fine and I copied it off for him. If said shop owner in East Ridge
is a member of this list . next time you may want to try :

$ mdadm --assemble /dev/md0 --run /dev/<raid partition to recover>

There's just no excuse for shitty service like that.