[Chugalug] OT: ObiHai GREAT piece of kit!

Phil Sieg phil.sieg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 16:13:43 UTC 2012

Just wanted to clue everybody in on a recent purchase that has been great!

This is a SIP adapter made by ObiHai. It is set up to work with Google Voice accounts and does a GREAT job. I have one at my office providing a free FAX line, and one at home because my wife never answers her cell phone (on charger in bedroom).

Now I have a landline that is completely FREE for all calls

It is super easy to configure, and even has dongles for WiFi and bluetooth (extra charge). I am using the wifi dongle at home and it works great.

For $72 it is a steal. If you have no need of 2 FXS ports and a USB port, then get the $40 version, works just as well from what I see in the reviews.

And it IS running linux!

Phil Sieg
SeniorTech LLC / snapfōn®
phil.sieg at seniortechllc.com

Phone: 423.535.9968
Fax: 423.265.9820
Mobile: 423.331.0725

"The computer is the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with. It's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."

Steve Jobs, 1955-2011