[Chugalug] Android Phones & Linux

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Tue Oct 23 15:11:07 UTC 2012

I cheated. Setup "WebDav Nav" a Webdav application
on my tablet. and on my desktops added support for WebDav:

"apt-get install davfs2"

then a simple:

mount -t davfs -o uid=xxxxxx,gid=xxxx https://zzzzzz.foo/shared /home/userlogin/shared

(some things changed to protect the innocent)

There are also ways to put it in fstab, etc..

Allowed my Linux systems and my tablet to share a share.

I don't store anything there of any security concerns, but I trust
it more than Dropbox, etc..

Mike Harrison   bogon at geeklabs.com  cell: 423.605.6943