[Chugalug] OT? support

Ed King chevyiinova at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 23 14:04:04 UTC 2012

I'm not a PMP project manager nor do I play one on t.v.

However, my team *delivers* and our systems make money for the company.   We
don't have any failed projects where the servers are sitting in storage room
gathering dust.

Now, I never said we were perfect.   Does our software have bugs?  Hell yeah it
has bugs.   Some of them never got caught during testing because our field users
are a lot more clever about breaking things than we are.

Anyway, my question is, how many support personnel "should" be expected for any
given software system of significant complexity?    I know thats kind of a vague
question.

I'd love to get some real world examples of how many support folks your software
has (and the size/complexity of the system being supported)

If a team is constantly cranking out new products, isn't it just common sense
that the need for support going to increase?