[Chugalug] a rare linux related post

Ed King chevyiinova at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 22 16:58:27 UTC 2012

noone cares but I wanted to mention that I finally got dell omsa working on my
64bit debian dell 2950 server

I had conquered the web login problem by installing the *correct* 32bit versions
of the pam modules, but...

the omsa could not detect my integrated perc 5 raid controller

so I tried to "fix" my osma installation by installing some crazy ass package as
recommended on some crazy ass dell forum.   didn't work :(

finally I just tried different dell omsa versions until I found one
(dellomsa_5.5.0-5_amd64.deb) that worked "out of the box"

voila, I can now see my raid in omsa, and (theorectically) add a new virt disk
w/o having to reboot the server

groovy