[Chugalug] OT: Windows Antivirus

John Aldrich mrmaxx at spamcop.net
Thu Oct 18 10:43:22 UTC 2012

On Wed October 17 2012 10:13:41 PM Nick Smith wrote:
> You could search your mail for the last time you asked about windows
> antivirus.
>
> Like back on 2/10/2010, or when you asked about it on 5/7/09 or when
> you asked about it 11/8/07.
>
> And im sure i missed a few.
>
> Just because some of us make our living with windows doesnt mean we
> want to support it on this list.
>
> Ive even given you examples in the past of other windows lists that
> would be perfect to ask these types of questions.

Nick, I am no longer in the business of making my living supporting Windows. I
know these things change. Is it REALLY so bad that I ask this question once
per year? I mean, AVG used to be "Da Bomb" but not any longer. So, yeah, I may
ask my peers once a year if they have a new recommendation for Windows
antivirus. Further, since I am already inundated with emails from various
lists, adding yet ANOTHER list would be counterproductive. Sorry to have
bothered you.