[Chugalug] d at mn scammers/hackers

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Thu Oct 18 03:31:40 UTC 2012

> I've heard many, many horror stories about Joomla. Not saying Drupal
> and Wordpress don't have issues- they certainly do. But I never hear
> the amount of stories about them that I do of Joomla.

It's partially the code, but more the kind of people that use such things.
ie: clueless.  - Joomla (and Drupal and many others..) are incredible.
They enable people that can follow directions to have pretty websites.

And while using XYZ Obscure CMS is partially security through obscurity,
it helps to have a lesser known front door.

It's like running SSH on an odd port. It doesn't mean they can't still
nail you, it does mean that when a guy is hitting port 6969 (or whatever)
he wants your server a little more than average.

I could probably follow explicit directions for performing brain surgery.
That does not mean I should attempt it. (Any Volunteers? he he..)