[Chugalug] d at mn scammers/hackers

K I Goldman kigtest at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 02:36:21 UTC 2012

Mike,
I may have just been helping a friend look into this hack.  Do you see hits like:http://www.somsitethatisnotrealbutisjoomla.org/administrator/templates/bluestork/stcp.php?action=start&time_s=1349981288&time_e=1349988288&page===ZwN1YwV1AF4lAQZhZGSoV104ZSfwKGR0JlAqAmNjZN
After it created these filesstcp.phpstph.phpindx.phperror.php

The page = '==ZwN1YwV1AF4lAQZhZGSoV104ZSfwKGR0JlAqAmNjZN';
Translates to:205.255.243.11[#]80[#]14[#]7000(Looks like 205.255.243.11 is Regions Bank)And it is sending a string of 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAA' (14 As) to the ip address '205.255.243.11' port 80

So it looks like they are setting up for a DDOS attack best I can see.  Dude asked me if there are any other files he should look for.  The best I could tell is it could write files with the rights of apache, but it looked like it was designed to only write files in the web-root directory of the hacked site.
Do you have any suggestions/thoughts on what other prudent things to check?
Anyone?  Anyone? Anyone?  Buelller?  Bueller?  Bueller?

And the weird part of the code I really did not see the point of was this function embedded in a conditional statement:        function pack_str($str, $len)        {                $out_str = "";                for($i=0; $i<$len; $i++)                {                        $out_str .= pack("a$len", ord(substr($str, $i, 1)));                }                return $out_str;        }

and it did not look like it was being used at all.  Even DDOS attackers are under a deadline and end up writing crappy code, perhaps?
Keith