[Chugalug] OT: Windows Antivirus

John Aldrich mrmaxx at spamcop.net
Thu Oct 18 02:03:52 UTC 2012

Sorry about the OT post, but I figure like I used to be, a lot of folks here
make their living supporting Windoze PCs. So, with that apology, let me ask,
what do you guys use for free antivirus on Windows? I have a friend who's
computer was infected. I have run an emergency antivirus and I think it's
mostly clean. They currently have AVG free, which I think used to be pretty
good... a resource hog, but pretty good at catching malware. Anything better
that you don't have to re-register every few months? Free is the key here.