[Chugalug] Corporate network filters

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 20:24:05 UTC 2012

Well, when a company is responsible for every single website their users
visit, I see no problem with this.  Also, when a manager gets a call from
HR that one of their employees has been reported by another employee
watching funny cat videos during work hours it tends to create bad work
environments.

Also, bandwidth is very important, and having it being sucked down by
casual browsing can kill a site.  Luckily we have some nice QOS devices and
good filtering here, but I know there are alot of other companies out there
that don't have such nice things.  So when Sally Joe in accounting wants to
watch her "stories" on Netflix during her lunch hour, your critical traffic
is being hampered.