[Chugalug] AIX/Unix Admin at VW

Matt Keys mk6032 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 17:39:44 UTC 2012

I was interested in that one too. VW is split into two IT silos--production
and office. AIX is on the production side of VW. It supports the
manufacturing process and all the sensors, printers, etc. required to keep
the line running. The efficiency of the whole thing is very impressive. The
level of detail they've put into it and all the years of work to perfect the
process is nothing short of amazing. It's worth a tour of the place just to
get a feel of it.