[Chugalug] Wi-Fi passwords

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Tue Oct 16 15:47:35 UTC 2012

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 21:14:39 -0400
John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Would you do it if you couldn't afford to pay for internet? Would you
> help someone do it? If so, how would you suggest going about it?

I volunteer with some pretty low-income folks. Like "hundreds of
dollars a month in income in Northern California". "Couldn't afford to
pay" is usually a matter of prioritization.

And payment is also a matter of social capital: What's stopping this
person from meeting their neighbor and asking if they're willing to
subsidize their Internet use by sharing the password with them?

That's a separate issue from the technical challenge of cracking the
WiFi password, which I'm totally interested in the answer to, but...

Dan