[Chugalug] David Friend of Carbonite on bringing Jobs Back

Ryan Van Dolson vandolson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 14:44:05 UTC 2012

To diverge from the topic for a minute: Apologies for "spamming" your inbox
with a couple of blank e-mails last night.  Not sure what happened, but now
that I think about it I do remember my 2-year old on my desktop last
evening and not thinking much of it at the time...  Ah, the joys of
learning.

Now to get somewhat on topic:  I've heard about quite a few companies
pulling back from outsourcing to Indian contractors, but I've also noticed
a recent trend towards hiring a lot of local temps for entry-level
positions in this economy, and I'm guessing many of them are being hired in
the kind of support positions that Thom Hartmann mentions (though this is
just an assumption).  Perhaps temps are a safer bet than foreign
contractors.