[Chugalug] Wi-Fi passwords

Billy flushy at flushy.net
Tue Oct 16 04:27:11 UTC 2012

Mike, you're paranoid - but just because you are doesn't mean they aren't looking for ya ;)

John,

Seriously. There is some fundamental judgment making ability that you may need to cultivate.

Pretty skirts can flirt, but they'll just give you a world of hurt.

There really isn't a rationale you can use here. It's stealing. It doesn't matter if she is poor, or disabled, or old, or cute, or a single mother, or whatever heart string excuse she pulled out of the excuse book. Whatever reasoning you apply to this situation is just to ease your own guilt about doing something unethical and wrong.

There is no entitlement for Internet. Or phone. Or even McDonald's. if she can't afford Internet, well, she doesn't get it.

She'll need to figure out another (hopefully moral) way of barter or negotiation in order to get Internet access.

If you feel so strongly about it, perhaps you could invite her to use your Internet. I highly advise against that, however.

I recently was asked by a friend - a mom of my son's friend for help with her plasma tv. She wanted to borrow my soldering iron, so she could replace some capacitors on the power supply of her tv. She learned this information from a YouTube video. I declined. I declined for several reasons. One being I did not want to be responsible for her death - she is not a technical person. She is just cheap, and her priorities are skewed toward things that aren't technology. She would rather risk her life instead of paying repairs and use the "savings" to go to Disney.

Don't be responsible for her inability to recognize unethical behavior. Don't enable it. And you probably need to distance yourself.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone