[Chugalug] Wi-Fi passwords

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 02:12:14 UTC 2012

It's *incredibly* easy to crack *some* types of wireless passwords (old
WEP, etc...). Newer algorithms used (WPA, etc...) are more secure.

That said, I'm of the opinion of most other folks who have already
responded: Stealing is stealing, and it is *unethical* to hack into
someone's wireless network for the purposes of using the internet.

I wouldn't even look for the easy way out, if I was asked for this - I'd
just simply say no.

My 2 cents....

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 9:37 PM, Cynicalgeek <cynicalgeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you have to ask this question...AND if you are considering helping
> her...
> IMHO you have no ethics.
>
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 9:14 PM, John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> An acquaintance of mine from Facebook asked me a question today - she
>> wanted
>> to know how to crack a Wi-Fi password so she could use a neighbor's Wi-Fi
>> without their knowledge and/or permission. I strongly discouraged her, but
>> what do you guys think?
>> Would you do it if you couldn't afford to pay for internet? Would you help
>> someone do it? If so, how would you suggest going about it?

> -cynicalgeek-
> cynicalgeek<at>gmail.com

- David White -
Smooth Stone Services *(soon to be CENTS)*
*Computing, Equipping, Networking, Training & Supporting *
*Nonprofit Organizations Worldwide*

Existing Website: http://www.smoothstoneservices.com
New Website (coming soon): http://developCENTS.com