[Chugalug] Using g-mail for mass mailings

Sean Brewer seabre986 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 21:52:08 UTC 2012

1) Yes, the settings you should be using are:
server: smtp.gmail.com
port: 587
domain: gmail.com
username: myloginwhatever at gmail.com

If they are using GMail with Google Apps for Business, then they have their
own name probably, so replace gmail.com only in the domain and username
section *not* the server. The server is always smtp.gmail.com

Also, you should enable TLS via whatever you use to send the mail.

2) This can definitely happen, and disable account. Probably more likely if
it's not a Apps for Business GMail account.