[Chugalug] Reminiscing about times I was too young to remember!

Alex Smith (K4RNT) shadowhunter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 21:08:23 UTC 2012

I had a lot of fun with BBSes. I also had an account on SDF.org, when
I found out the system is still active, I signed up again, and got my
old username!

I also was able to get access to telnet via dialing in to the Seattle
Public Library's card catalog system, which allowed you to use lynx
for web browsing. I was able to enter a telnet:// protocol address to
telnet to wherever I wanted to go, with was usually a Linux or UNIX
system of some kind to access IRC, which I used BitchX at the time.

I still miss BX for IRC sessions, now I use irssi, but good times.