[Chugalug] Android tablets

Phil Sieg phil.sieg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 21:33:15 UTC 2012

Lynn,

WOW. Truly exceptional reply. I knew most/all of that but would have had to dig into a wiki to articulate it... And am to lazy to write it all out anyway.

There was also the fact that the competing tech "TDMA" (the forerunner to GSM) was so bad, really, really bad (read inefficient). A lot of the choices that were being made at the time were based on Qualcomm's new competing technology (CDMA) that was significantly better than TDMA, and as such made sense. GSM evolved (if memory serves) parallel to but slightly behind the original CDMA technology, call it a buying cycle or two, and that was enough for major carriers in USA to have bought into the CDMA tech.

Phil Sieg
President
SeniorTech LLC / Snapfon
www.snapfon.com